Thursday, February 07, 2008

On my mind

My cousin Kerry gave birth today to a new baby girl. Hope all is well - I'm not calling 'cause Kerry said she wasn't feeling well and I wanted to give her voice the day off so I'll check in with her tomorrow.

Books. I ordered a book from amazon and I can't wait for it to come in. I want to read a couple others and thought I'd get them on ILL, but the librarian is very litteral and last time I wanted two books I got BOTH on the same day - what with my Amazon book coming in, I think I might hold off - but I got the ISBNs for both so when I'm ready it'll be a simple phone call. In the mean time I've got the latest body and soul magazine - not in my top 5 favorites but certainly better than most of the rags available at the local grocery store.

I'm going to have a lot of extra time this summer. I'm going to have a lot less money this summer. I'm thinking market garden. Perhaps it's because it's snowing AGAIN today and I'm just itching to get my hands in dirt, or maybe it's 'cause I've been doing a little reasearch on it and I'm lusting for sun drenched shoulders and caked on dirt on my knees. I have to remind myself though that I'll have a 2 year old and I don't have any beds already set up. Maybe I'm jumping in too quickly.

Looking into getting some chickens this spring. Will need to build chicken tractors - I'm thinking 2 w/4 chickens a piece. Had serious hawk issues the last time we had chickens so free ranging is NOT an option. I still miss my birds - particularly my black cochin - poor thing.

Have to tear my kitchen ceiling down tomorrow. The drain pipe from the bathroom upstairs is leaking (ew!) and the ceiling smells like pee. The Bathroom (with the only shower) is out of commission until we fix the pipe and the hubs has a low tolerance for not taking showers so the sooner the better. I'm all over the plaster tomorrow after my bus run - he can do the lath, and once we get it open we'll fix the pipe. Fun.