Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions




I have been woefully neglectful of this blog in 2009, and I resolve to have at least one post per month for 2010. I think I can manage that no matter how crazy life gets.


So I started this project last night, which was really not thinking on my part because I'm going to need a projetc for the Ravelympics* Team Suck-Less. Maybe I can swing buying some Spunky Eclectic roving for the purpose, but I'm either going to have to be tethered to the wheel - not a horrible thing mind you but since Sean has appropriated my spinning chair, not a lot gets done when he's home. The other alternative is to use a different spindle. So I might go with the latter option. I have a turkish spindle that I really love but can't seem to get it to do what I want it to do, so perhaps mastery of the turkish spindle might be a good ravelympics challenge. Hmmm....


*Those of you who can't follow Ravelry links - Ravelympics is a challenge, where during the course of the olympics (Feb 12-28) you have to complete a project from start to finish, you can't start until opening ceremonies, and you have to be completed by the end. I have joined Team Suck-Less which is Abby Franquemont's team, and the goal for thos team is not necessarily to hav a completed pair of socks or a sweater or something, but to look into an area of your spinning that needs improvement, and practice that for the duration. During the Tour De France some members of Team Suck-Less challenged themselves to spinning a mile a day - I don't think I'm ready for that - well I could be, but I have a life that intervenes and I'm not sure I could meet that challenge without undue neglect to my family, my job, and oher responsibilities. So I'm going to keep my challenge on the DL to something more doable. I'll let you all know when I decide what exactly I'm going to do.



Tomorrow's post about my new project for this winter.