Sunday, January 13, 2008

Growing Challenge

Melinda of Elements in Time has come up with a Growing challenege in which we are to grow something new that we haven't before and to grow it from seed - no problem. We also are supposed to check in once a week - we'll see how that goes. We're also supposed to attach a button - I'm not terribly versed in the whole blogging thing - basically I've got what 2 posts of experience so we'll see how well I do - might have to beg for help.



So I have some blue lakota pumkin seeds I got from an organic gardening listmember and I can't wait to plant them - I don't know what it is about squash but I get all giddy inside just at the thought of it. This year I plan on a big renewal in my gardeining because Quinn will be 2 and perhaps more helpful (or at least able to play unassisted) while I'm gardening. more to come on that front.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Hi Tameson,

So glad you're joining the challenge! Can't wait to hear about your squash. I LOVE squash. This year I planted pumpkin, butternut, and blue ballet squash. They store so well that we have a nice stockpile of them to last through the winter.

Melinda, Elements In Time

Caroline in NH said...

Hi, Tameson! Do you still have sheep? (Haven't been reading the NETA list very much...) Glad to see you have a blog, hope you post more often!

I'm working on a big garden for this year myself. Last year's garden was overtaken by weeds. I'll be much more careful this year.